The following CMC videos provide a good understanding of the setup and use of the MPD.
One topic not covered in the videos above is how to use the MPD on a Haist Bi-Pod Support line.
- Set your MA out as far as possible. This will allow you to use the MA to assist with Lowering and Raising on a swing of the Bi-Pod.
- When Lowering keep the MA in place and use the extra friction bar on the MPD.
- If there is a considerable amount of force on the system pull on the Haul Line to release the presser on the MPD.
- Keep tension on the Haul Line while it is brought back to the friction bar.
- Pull the handle and lower.
- You may need to position yourself facing the anchor to get better control.